Friday, December 4, 2009

Secrets She Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain

I finished this one, Secrets She Left Behind, tonight.  It was a great follow-up to Before the Storm, and I actually liked it a bit more.  There was enough backstory given to the reader that this book could stand alone, but I am glad that I read both.  The unfinished business from the first book really came together in this one as another mystery was told.  I'm becoming a very big fan of this author. 
Prior to this book, I read Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb.  As always, I love his books.  This was an enjoyable holiday book though, not the heavy themes he usually deals with. 


I'm looking through my list and see that I've only read a little over 70 books so far this year.  Kind of a slow year for me I guess.  My favorites for the year (unless something grabs me in the next few weeks) have been The Reader by Bernard Schlink, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, The Weight of Heaven by Thrity Umrigar, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford, and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  Of course there were other wonderful books, but those stick in my mind tonight.  These touched me in an individual way.  I'm looking forward to what I find in 2010.

1 comment:

Heather Thomas - advocate for change said...

It's nice to visit your blog! I joined the 100 books in 2010 challenge and hope to meet that next year. *fingers crossed*

Happy Reading!
Heather
http://www.2manygoodbooks.blogspot.com