Saturday, December 26, 2009

My favorite in 2009

The Weight of Heaven by Thrity Umrigar was without a doubt my favorite book for the year.  The story is about  a grief stricken Michigan couple that relocate to India for a new beginning when the husband accepts a business assignment. Umrigar writes beautifully about cross-cultural relationships and provides an amazing twist to the end.  Readers who loved The Space Between Us would really enjoy this book.  I'm looking forward to what she'll write next.

3 comments:

BookAddict said...

This sounds like a good book. I have not read the other one (The Space Between Us) either.

Literary Feline said...

I will be reading this one this next year and am looking forward to ti. I am glad you enjoyed this one so much, Christine.

Christine said...

I love this author so much. I hope you enjoy it, Wendy. And Sharon...you HAVEN'T read The Space Between Us??? Sheesh. Get thee to the bookstore.