Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

Someone on Goodreads suggested reading this novel without reading the book flap first.  It was easy to take that advice since I purchased this one as an ebook.  I resisted the temptation to look up the description, and therefore I had no idea what was coming.  So I won't post a summary here for those of you who haven't read it.  With that said, this is an excellent, sad, heartbreaking novel.  She really captures you with her writing.  I haven't tried any of her other books, but now I intend to.  I'm sure that this one will stick in my mind for a long time.  At the moment, it has me just sad...I need cupcakes....definitely chocolate cupcakes.  (I'd give it a 5/5).

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I haven't read anything by this author either, although I've been meaning to. I am glad you liked this one.