Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm ready to pick my best for 2010

Although the year isn't over yet, I know my reading time will be limited in the next few weeks. I am sure that my favorites for the year will be the same by then. I've read so many good books this year, but the ones that stood out continue to do so. So from the 90 books that I have read so far, these are my clear favorites.
The best book for me in 2010 has been Under Fishbone Clouds by Sam Meekings.  This is being released in the United States this week, and I hope that it finds a lot of success.  My other favorites are The Wasted Vigil  by Nadeem Aslam,  Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli, Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok, Still Alice by Lisa Genova, A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam, and The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise by Julia StuartThe Julia Stewart book is a great treat for anyone looking for an entertaining and funny read.
I am currently reading Tarquin Hall's book, which is the second in a wonderful series. They are definitely worth checking out.   Happy Reading!

No comments: